We will look at some of the most amazing and interesting collections of tattoo designs in this article. Tattoos are such an incredible way to create a lasting work of art on your body for the world to see. Or if you so desire, just for you to see! This array of body art will give you an idea of how to create variations from several types of tattoos and provide inspiration for the kind of design you want for yourself. Pick out the ones you love and start designing your dream art.
The beauty of art is that you can take something that is ordinary and turn it into an extraordinary expression. Art is a release of the inner self and allows others to join you on your journey of self expression. We love these tattoos in particular because they unleash typical tattoos and take them to the next level through beautiful imagery, vibrant colors and an expertise that is beautiful and skillfully done.
1. The blue and red in this tattoo really brings out the crow and beauty within the black details. It looks as if you could pluck the feathers off of the crow with the amount of amazing detail that is in every single part of this piece. The fact that this tattoo looks like a piece of artwork looks speaks volumes of the skill of the artist. These ravens are flying into an ornate gate with inscriptions and it’s really cool the way the artist brought the ravens to life through the shading and detail. The contrast in color and imagery really makes for a unique design that is both original and appealing to the eye.
2. The third eye with an intricate design around it makes for quite an interesting piece. This guys chest piece has so many aspects of artistic expression that its amazing. The straight lines going across the chest onto the arm really set him up for more ink on the other arm. The all seeing eye in the middle of the tattoo is bolder that the surrounding pieces of the tattoo and really stands out. We love how it looks like the ink is dripping down his chest, it really creates movement and fluidity to the tattoo. Notice he didn’t ink past his wrist. This is a great way to be able to have a lot of work done and not have to worry about covering it up for work. A long sleeve shirt will easily take care of that.
4. A pair of lips saying something inspiring. The red lips are filled with realistic detail. It looks like the light is shining right on the lips. The teeth are able to pop out and grab your attention by the subtle and small amount of black ink in the mouth as well. The watercolor like background accents the dark lines surrounding the center of the tattoo and brings the whole thing together. Encouraging quotes give a small positive reminder to be kind always.
5. A pair of birds on each arm reaching out for the other. The subtle color and use of black and grey really draw your eye to this tattoo. The perfectly placed amounts of teal allows you to truly appreciate the detail within the birds that are reaching out to each other.
6. Medical men in a hat looking down while a lady stands nearby. This tattoo should be in a gallery. The way that the two figures were tattooed makes it look like it was painted on his arm. The outlines on this piece are hardly noticeable and the clouds in the background gives this artistic tattoo life.
7. A beautiful butterfly set as a chest piece on this canvas has such a dramatic and powerful feel. This butterfly would have taken quite some time. As it takes up his whole chest and with the amount of time it would have take to ink in every part of the perfectly symmetrical wings, Its safe to assume that this piece took more than one sitting.
8. A bird carrying something in its talons creates such an interesting depiction of the world and the way it works. This is an extremely complex and beautiful tattoo. If you look closely at the tattoo on the ribs, the lines would line up perfectly with the lines on the arm located in the light blue area. this tattoo is one piece separated into two. Its really hard to do this type of tattoo right and well, and this artist and canvas did a spectacular job. The slight shadows and meticulous detailing makes it look as if that bird will fly off of that guys arm any minute.
9. Two skulls on each other like a Venn diagram is an interesting choice of imagery. What do you think it represents? At first you may think that you are seeing things or that your vision is a little off, but don’t worry. This original tattoo Is simple with a twist of awe. the connecting venn diagram like skulls are placed in a pretty painful area but the outcome was worth it.
10. Butterfly flying towards the sun as if it’s on a journey that only it knows about. Butterflies often symbolize transformation and renewal, so I’m sure their is a great story and meaning behind this piece. The abstract shapes overlapping the entire tattoo really brought it to another level or creativity and artistic expression. The dark shading around the outside of the wings and the slight and detailed grey shading on the inside of the wings brings the butterfly to life.
11. Fascinating pieces of mosaic disintegrating and falling down extending from his thigh to his ankle.The way that this tattoo displays movement throughout the leg allows the person looking at it to feel moved themselves. the bright orange is a great background setting for the grey and dark shaded pieces as the swiftly move among that tattoo.
12. A naked man without head and only one eye falling down is quite vivid and Grecian in style. This tattoo is incredible. The amount of detail in the male figure is mind blowing and looks like you are looking at a sculpture in Italy. The eye in the middle of the swamp green circle is extremely realistic looking and almost seems as if it staring passed your eyes and deeply into your soul. The has to be a story behind this tattoo and I would love to know what it is.
13. An abstract with a quote. The red line really penetrates the overall piece and creates an air of anarchy.
14. Here is a long legged bird poised to hunt. This is a gorgeous portrait of an animal. Birds are known for the journey they fly and this bird comes to life with it’s soulful eyes and realistic appeal.
15. This design of a poem with a peahen on it has an ancient feel to it. It’s beautifully mysterious as if it’s something to be discovered and treasured.
16. A fox with the ruins of an ancient building in the background is a stark contrast. Anyone have any thoughts on what the artist is trying to convey?
17. A man and woman standing near but with no eyes has a myriad of meanings. This is an abstract and confusing image because of the chaos surrounding the people but perhaps that is the purpose? Maybe they are blind to the chaos that ensues all around them?
18. This hand with the arm like a snake reaching out to pluck a flower is fascinating. The artist created the arm to look as if it was painted on with a large paint brush. It’s a bold move but it works well and creates an original image.
19. An abstract drawing with circles and lines has a geometric overall feel. The line work is pretty detailed and the variation in color creates a really tasty piece of eye candy for the casual observer. We like how this person took a pretty typical tattoo and made it something extraordinary.
20. Dandelions with some other designs that begin to extend onto the back hints that she will probably take this piece and create a back piece. Notice the light coloring of the flower part of the dandelion. It’s subtle but still makes a statement. The entire piece is understated except the blue blob at the crook of her arm. It’s a really interesting piece that could stimulate much conversation.
21. Geometrical drawings with five written in the middle along with other numbers is pretty original. Here’s another example of the artist using that brushlike look for the black lines. Geometric is super hip right now and they did a magnificent job with the shapes and coloring.
22. This hooded nun, holding her hands clasped together in prayer, has such a yearning look in her eyes. The artist depicts a touching scene and it’s quite unique how the squares round out the piece at the canvas’s hip bone. What is the most striking part of this image?
23. Here’s another example of a creeping plant with beautiful flowers growing upwards.
24. Electrical poles with wires running along isn’t something that’s super popular but she definitely rocks it!
25. A dotted design depicting a whirlwind and we totally dig that red line going through the middle of the piece. It’s so bold and makes quite a statement.
26. This immensely detailed aerial view of an airplane flying above the earth took quite a bit of time. The artist did a really nice job with the line work and we absolutely love the blue streak.
27. This is a great conversation piece. It’s a chair with a grinning skull at the background. There’s a lot going on in this imagery and he chose more neutral colors to accent it.
28. This is a pretty rad portrait of this rockstar. Even the detail in his hair is so good. The pops of red have a eye catching effect that’s both intriguing and engaging.
29. A man with an old fashioned cassette on his face, because why not? The artist did a tremendous job with the shading to create a really nice image.
30. This Buddha and his teachings took a lot of time and the line work here is beautiful.
These pieces have everyday, ordinary images yet these artists took it and created beautiful and engaging pieces that are fascinating to look at. Which one inspired you the most? Everyone of them was so compelling in the message they conveyed. It’s hard to pick the most interesting one because they all look so great!