There are many tattoo designs that have become the design of choice and one of them is the tattoo design revolving around the leaf. The designs with the leaf theme are numerous; some of the popular ones being the gorgeous maple leaf, the cute aspen leaf, the strong and tough looking oak leaf among many other leaf motifs. Men and women have been opting for the leaf motif for the look as well as the symbolism behind these lovely designs.
- Talk about a cool tattoo that is filled with so much detail. Every single leaf is filled with its own amount of amazing detail. Its like the tattoo artist spent an hour on every single leaf. The stem of the leaf even looks real in the way that its portrayed. As the tattoo makes it way down this persons arm, it just becomes more and more beautiful.
2. This a beautiful and simple tattoo that is in a super tender spot. The way that this tattoo was done gives this tattoo the element of movement. It almost looks like its flowing effortlessly in the wind. This is a simple tattoo that invoke intrigue and displays a whole lot of beauty. Very well done by the artist and the canvas.
3. the foot is a really painful spot to get a tattoo but this one was well worth the pain. The tattoo artist did an amazing job on the line work and made this foot tattoo look elegant and beautiful. the solid and smooth lines really bring this tattoo together and make it what it is. This tattoo will maintain its beauty for a lifetime.
As per beliefs of yore, It has been believed that even one leaf is the emblem of good tidings and joy. But a leaf can mean more than that. It is not only the sign of beginnings it can also signify an end. A leaf starting its life on a tree is the simple and touching symbol of new growth that is usually the beginning of spring. A fallen leaf could also mean that the season of wilting has begun thus mean autumn. This also means that the hues of the leaves around you change in ways that are both colorful and beautiful.
4. Wow this tattoo is breath taking. The red leaves are just the right amount of color to add a beautiful pop to this piece. the shadows between the pages of the book and the way that the negative space is perfectly used bring this tattoo together and force you to gaze at this thigh piece as long as you possibly can.
5. I am guessing that this person has some pride in their Irish heritage. The four leaf clover in the center of this leafy tribal masterpiece is a really well done tattoo. The line work is solid and impressive. The slight shading on the edge of the leaves gives this tattoo a more in depth feel and creates an even more deeper green. as the leaves curl and spiral within the tattoo, your eyes are drawn to inspect every inch of this culture rich tattoo.
A simple belief and philosophy of the leaf is that of constant change and evolving. As life is a cycle that starts with a tiny tender leaf and ends with the lifeless brown leaf falling to the ground. There is something hypnotically inevitable about the circle of life and death which is encapsulated in the simple form of the leaf. Most people who get a leaf tattoo believe that life and the changes it goes through are as inevitable as the colors and stages that a leaf goes through. The colors that a leaf goes through like a dark green, lighter green, orange, yellow, deeper red and then dull brown symbolizes different stages of life
6. This tattoo may be simple and small, but its also beautiful and inspiring. The canvas and tattoo artist had a great idea in using the negative space on side and a more open feel on the other. This tattoo has a yin yang kind of feel and its a very unique design. With the stem going straight up the center and dividing the two sides, it almost helps divide the differences in the tattoo while helping them compliment each other at the same time.
7. Though this tattoo may be small, it is big in personality. The line work is super solid and clean and the slight shading within the top leaves looks fantastic. the added yellow in the tips of the leaves adds character and a sense of realism. There s a lot to look at in this tattoo for such a small tattoo.
The significance behind each leaf tattoo: As a specific type of leaf has a different meaning we can examine each of them separately. Whatever they may signify, you will know in your heart of hearts what the tattoo means to you personally and this will what make it so special.
8. I love the movement that is going on in this tattoo. This tattoo instantly reminds me of fall with the way that the leaves are colored and falling down this person’s arm. the added ribbon looks beautiful as it flows throughout the wonderfully colored leaves. The detail within the leaves gives this tattoo a more realistic feel and make you miss the autumn season.
Some of the common things or concepts that leaf design tattoos are supposed to represent include:
- Birth or evolution
- Ending or demise
- Stages of life
- The process of change
- Start of new things
- The end of a stage
- Joy and delight
Types of leaf tattoo motifs:
The use of the leaf in tattoos can be done in many ways. It can be shown in isolation or as part of other things like a flower, branch, twig or thorn. Then there is the seasonal rendering of the design to represent the heat of summer, the frost of winter, the hope of spring or the inevitability of autumn.
9. Can a tattoo get any better than this? Not only is the leaf extremely detailed in itself, but the image that is gong on with the leaf is breath taking as well. As the bird of prey is coming down and the rabbits are looking up, it almost feels like you are there in the wilderness witnessing this moment with the animals. Well done and bravo to this tattoo idea.
10. you would be surprised on how much detail is actually in this tattoo. Though this tattoo is small, its perfectly well done and clean. the shading within the stem is great and the curves within the leaves produce a sense of movement. this tattoo looks really good as it stands alone and would stand out well if it was surrounded by other tattoos as well.
You can go for a single leaf dramatically alone or go for a bunch of them to represent lush foliage. Because of so many choices and varieties that leaf tattoo designs can be adapted in, the choice of where you will get the tattoo done is vast. Any body part can get a leaf tattoo design. Done with a three dimensional effect a leaf tattoo design will provide you with all the joy of actually looking a real leaf.
11. This person has etched his body with the pride of his nations colors and one of their most recognizable symbol. This Canadian proved his loyalty with this tattoo over his heart and it was well worth it. The shadowing behind the leaf gives this tattoo a whole new level of depth and the details within the leaf and stem as it makes its way through the leaf is incredible and impressive.
12. Now that is a painful spot to get a tattoo. not only is it on the ankle bone,but its also on the bottom of the foot. It doesn’t get much more tender than that. This well detailed foot piece took it up a notch with not only the placement but the shading and the beauty. As the tattoo goes up the foot it goes from dark to slightly less dark; this is a subtle note but its very well done. The line work looks very symmetrical on all sides and all around this is a great tattoo.
With the leaf tattoo being so easy to adapt, the possibility of getting it done in true tribal style is also possible. So you can literally wear the heritage of your forefathers and family in the form of a Celtic or tribal design. Take for example the deep connection that most people from Canada have with the maple leaf. This means you can actually wear your heritage and pay homage to your personal history in a style all your own.
Just Check out the entire article for more examples of Lovely Leaf Tattoo Designs to Try.
13. I love all of the color that makes up this tattoo. This half sleeve demands your attention and draws you in like a Venus Fly Trap. The tattoo was done in American traditional style and the colors are perfect. The solid reds, yellows and browns are easy on the eyes and the greens allow this tattoo to really pop. The little details within the tip of the anchor and the individual leaves makes this tattoo even more impressive. If you are looking for a tattoo to wow you, this is the one.
18. This tattoo has a mixture of reality and make believe which is mixed in together very very well. The leaf has so much detail within it that it almost makes you think you could pick it up right off the skin. Then you look at the sprite or whatever it is on the leaf and you are amazed at the detail but taken back by the creepy look its giving you. All in all, the details in this tattoo are top notch.