Some of the most intriguing and one of a kind tattoo designs can be found having the lock and key as their key design element. There are number of ways that this design has been used and each one will strike a chord in your heart, apart from being pleasing to the eye.
We all know that the invention of the lock and the key were done so that things that are precious can be locked and kept securely, only to be retrieved when required. Historically the use of a lock and key can be traced back to several thousand years. The Greeks have been credited with the invention of the lock and key. A set of lock and key has been used to keep out what we do not want outside and what we do want protected inside.
When it comes to using this incredible part of our lives- the lock and the key as part of a body art design, the choices are huge. Philosophically and poetical people have known to allude to the lock as the female and the key as the male. When the right or matching ones are fitted together magical things are supposed to take place. Thereby symbolically tattoo designs with the lock and key have a lot of value and multitudinous meanings.
- The lock and key tattoo may be designed in such a way that one limb carries the design of the lock with the key being drawn on the other limb
- When shown together we can depict the lock and key lying next to each other surrounded by intricately designed cask or trunk that they are supposed to be locking in place.
- You can show the lock as your heart and show the key as something that will unlock the joys, wishes and secrets of the heart. The key can also have a head that is shaped like a heart.
- If you are the kind that like the ripped look on tattoos, you can show the heart as if it is ripping into your very flesh to lock it up and the key can be shown hanging from a hook or knob.
- If you feel that your heart is yet to be unlocked for the right life partner to turn up, you can depict this inner feeling easily with the help of a lock and key tattoo.
- You can go for the skeleton key look which can be depicted in many different ways. Interestingly this tattoo design is popular among both the genders.
- If you are looking to show a bunch of keys these can be made to look even prettier by using a really intriguing key ring design for the bunch of keys.
- Having liberated yourself for something, someone or even overcoming a bad habit can be symbolically shown with an opened lock with the key still hanging off it.
- Instead of a plain lock you can go for a chain lock or padlock along with the key or even without the key
- A really romantically inclined couple may have the lock on one of them and the key to the lock on the other. This way they show their commitment to each other and confirm that the other holds the key to their heart. Can sound a little corny but it is indeed romantic.
- You can depict the key as if it is hanging down from a ribbon. This design offers many possibilities in terms of color and designs
.All in all a key and lock are important in our lives and they also translate to really beautiful and meaningful tattoo designs.
Here are some more pictures related to Amazing Lock And Key Tattoo Designs: