Tattooing hav become a form of organised art with the designs shifting from the popular tattoos like the tribal tattoos to the more creative tattoos like the amazing lock and key tattoo designs. Just like the other types of tattoo designs, the lock and key tattoo emerged with the sailors over a century back and as many people got to accept the tattoos, the lock and key tattoos became popular and was done in classical colours and designs.
Some of the most intriguing and one of a kind tattoo designs can be found having the lock and key as their key design element. There are number of ways that this design has been used and each one will strike a chord in your heart, apart from being pleasing to the eye.
Lock and key tattoos are intricately decorated just like in the lock and key tattoo design below that’s enriched with flowers and jewels. The design looks spectacular as it’s done in the form of human heart and the face combined all together with the lock as the key loosely hangs beside it.The colours used combines quite well making the whole design attractive.
The lock and key tattoo design below looks simple and elegant. The wearer of the design looks jovial with the lock expressed in heart form with key on it. Most lock and key tattoo designs take the form of the heart where the lock is designed as the heart and the key is always adorned with images and objects that express love.
Lock and key tattoo designs in most cases symbolize the desire of people to safeguard and protect their property or belongings. Wearing the lock and key tattoo is a sign that you’re protected from something that the wearer can identify with. The lock and key tattoo design below looks artistically designed and well incorporated with different features and expression of love. The colours used enhances the wearer’s outlook, making her look stunning.
We all know that the invention of the lock and the key were done so that things that are precious can be locked and kept securely, only to be retrieved when required. Historically the use of a lock and key can be traced back to several thousand years. The Greeks have been credited with the invention of the lock and key. A set of lock and key has been used to keep out what we do not want outside and what we do want protected inside.
Lock and key tattoos are elegantly designed with the lock designed in the form of the heart and filled with flowers and beautiful features just like in the tattoo design below. The lock and key symbol is worn just next to the actual heart with the glowing red colours and black key design making the wearer’s heart to indeed be under lock and key. The coloful flowers used and images shown makes the entire design to look quite complex.
Simple and classy is the perfect word for the lock and key tattoo design below. The wearer has chosen a colour that blends well with her body complexion with the black colour of the tattoo enhancing the entire outlook of the design.
When it comes to using this incredible part of our lives- the lock and the key as part of a body art design, the choices are huge. Philosophically and poetical people have known to allude to the lock as the female and the key as the male. When the right or matching ones are fitted together magical things are supposed to take place. Thereby symbolically tattoo designs with the lock and key have a lot of value and multitudinous meanings.
- The lock and key tattoo may be designed in such a way that one limb carries the design of the lock with the key
- When shown together we can depict the lock and key lying next to each other surrounded by intricately designed cask or trunk that they are supposed to be locking in place. The lock and key tattoo design below looks spectacular on the wearer’s back given the one colour used. The quotes inscribed above the tattoo looks spectacular on the shoulder where it’s worn.
- You can show the lock as your heart and show the key as something that will unlock the joy, wishes and secrets of the heart. The key can also have a head that is shaped like a heart. The lock and key tattoo design below shows how complex the design can be with the multiple colours used making the entire lock and key tattoo design look unique.
- If you are the kind that like the ripped look on tattoos, you can show the heart as if it is ripping into your very flesh to lock it up and the key can be shown hanging from a hook or knob. Lock and key tattoos can be enriched with other features like chains, jewellery and elements like the skull to make them look more complex and versatile.
- If you feel that your heart is yet to be unlocked for the right life partner to turn up, you can depict this inner feeling easily with the help of a lock and key tattoo. The lock and key tattoo design below looks very simple and cutely done with the place its worn symbolising how special the tattoo is to the wearer.
- You can go for the skeleton key look which can be depicted in many different ways. Interestingly this tattoo design is popular among both the genders. The heart shaped designs of the lock and key tattoo indicates how the tattoo design expresses the heart emotions perfectly well. The secret feelings of the heart are expressed in the way the lock and key tattoo is designed and where it’s worn.
- If you are looking to show a bunch of keys these can be made to look even prettier by using a really intriguing key ring design for the bunch of keys.The tattoo design below looks quite complex and very creatively designed with a big padlock that looks intricately fixed into the skin. The design is combined with flowers that are all designed in one colour. The one colour used makes it more cool and attractive.
- Having liberated yourself from something, someone or even overcoming a bad habit can be symbolically shown with an opened lock with the key still hanging off it. The design below of the lock and key tattoo with the bird flying up with the key looks quite fascinating. The place the tattoo is worn and the colours used enhances the wearer’s look making the whole tattoo quite attractive. Lock and key tattoos are also a perfect way for one to express inner feelings.
- Instead of a plain lock you can go for a chain lock or padlock along with the key or even without the key. The lock and key tattoo designs look so reinforced with the quote written depicting that the wearer might be protecting herself from some emotional heartbreak. The one colour used makes the lock and key tattoo design to blend well with the wearer’s complexion.
- A really romantically inclined couple may have the lock on one of them and the key to the lock on the other. This way they show their commitment to each other and confirm that the other holds the key to their heart. Can sound a little corny but it is indeed romantic.
The lock and key tattoo design below looks quite cool and elegant given the place it’s worn and the colour used. The tattoo is designed in a stylish way and enhances the ladies appearance making her look more classy.
All in all a key and lock are important in our lives and they also translate to really beautiful and meaningful tattoo designs. The key and lock tattoo design below with the design of the eagle with the key and lock demonstrate how complex the lock and key design can be.
Here are some more pictures related to Amazing Lock And Key Tattoo Designs:
Lock and key tattoos are suitable for both men and women. The heart lock and key tattoo design below looks quite reinforced on the body with the beautiful flowers enhancing the entire look of the whole design.The place the tattoo is worn demonstrates the value of how the heart is protected from any outside intrusion. The colours used express love, joy and beauty. The tattoo is large enough and fits well on the chest where its worn.
Lock and key tattoos often signify the subject of love and the emotions that come with it. The lock and key tattoo design is beautifully done and very complex as its incorporated with flowers and features of the skull. The lock is securely wrapped in the leaves stemming from the flowers with flowers also wrapped below. The colour of the lock and key tattoo looks quite beautiful and quite eye-catching.
The lock and key tattoo design looks simple and elegant with the green colour making it look quite unique. The imagination of the wearer can be expressly communicated through the lock and key tattoos considering where the tattoo is worn and the kind of features its incorporated with. The green hue makes the whole design look unique and elegant.
Lock and key tattoos can be worn by couples to demonstrate their love and commitment to one another. One of the couples may decide to wear the lock while another wearing the key as a symbol that they are protected by each other. The lock and key tattoo design below looks fascinating with the chains that the key is hanging on. The same chain is fixed to the lock and into the skin making it something to stay permanently.
Wearing a lock and key tattoo can also signify end of an old way of life and separation from one’s past. Having the lock and key on will be a constant reminder to the wearer that the wearer whether he or she need to move on or focus on moving forward. The lock and key tattoo design looks stunning with the lock and artistically designed in black colours which enhances the general look of the wearer.
The lock and key design below is quite versatile with a combination of many colours. One thing that has made the lock and key tattoo designs to be famous is the meaning and symbols associated with the tattoos. The pattern below shows elements like the web, fire, flowers used alongside the lock and key tattoo which makes the design quite versatile. and stunning. The chest where its worn symbolizes maximum security to the wearer.
Lock and key tattoo designs are signs of mystery, secrets, reservations towards the world and deep issues of the heart. Apart from flowers and jewellery, clocks are also used to enrich the tattoos just like in the lock and key tattoo design below. The tattoo can be easily mistaken that the wearer is putting on a hat.
Tattoos are perceived to mirror one’s personality and the type of tattoo one wears communicates a lot about the wearer to other people. The lock and key tattoo worn in the hand below looks great and blends quite well with the wearer’s complexion. The design of the lock and key tattoo is small enough making it fit perfectly in the hand where its worn.
Every person wearing a lock and key tattoo has a personal meaning or symbol that he or she identifies the tattoo with. The lock and key tattoo below is intricately designed with a chain that fixes it right to the wearer’s body. The design fits well in the neck where it’s worn and its very visible with the combination of the colours used making it quite eye-catching.
There are actually no universal meanings for tattoos so the lock and key tattoos can be given meanings that best suits the wearer. The lock and key tattoo design below looks quite eye-catching and elegant. The choice of colours is great with a good blend of gold, red and brown making it look spectacular, incorporating a woman’s legs with the lock tattoo would mean that the wearer is signifying the tattoo with something about a woman.
The lock and key tattoo design below looks simple and artistically designed. The tattoo is greatly designed with the use of flowers making the whole lock and key tattoo to appear quite stylish. The design also looks perfectly well on the arm where its worn.