I’m bringing sexy back… Literally! Lower back tattoos are one of the sexiest tatts that you can get if you’re a female. They draw attention to the waistline (and below) and can be the start of a great series of tattoos. We’ve rounded up 30 awesome lower back tatts to demonstrate just how sexy they can be!
Tattoos or any form of body art is fun, but the one that tops the list is a lower back tattoo. It is not only the epitome of femininity but also adds to the oomph factor. That is why this location is so popular among the ladies. It helps that you have such a huge choice when it comes to the designs. What is more there are some unbeatable benefits of having a lower back tattoo.
As you read on you will discover the reasons for the popularity:
Top Reasons to go for a lower back tattoos!
- Bigger area: Of all the top reasons for choosing the lower back area for a tattoo, this tops the list. The area for having the tattoo done is definitely large. This does not mean you have to go for a bigger design; you can pick a dainty and delicate design keeping in mind that you can add more to this design if you wish to. The possibilities and scope of what you can do with your body art with regard to the lower back are endless.
- No bumps or bony areas: There is no doubt that the lower back area is relatively one of the smoothest areas in your body. This makes it ideal to get the work done. Imagine a tattoo on your ankle versus one on the lower back. No doubt the one on your lower back will go much easier. Another fact is you can easily show off your tantalizing tattoo on the lower back by the simple means of wearing a shorter top. On the flip side it is also easy to conceal when the situation warrants that you do so.
- Ages well: The thing about the aesthetic value of a tattoo is that with age as you skin changes so does the look of the tattoo. But you have to agree that the lower back is one of the areas on the human body that resists aging very well. It does not matter whether you gain weight or lose it dramatically, the look of the body art that you have on your lower back remains unchanged to a larger extent. The same cannot be said for other areas like arms and legs etc.
- Attractive and eye catching: The point of getting body art done in spite of the pain, expense and time is for it to catch eyeballs. Lower back tattoos definitely delivers on this regard. You can go for one for the sheer look appeal or go in for something that is more symbolic of your beliefs and credo.
We give here some of the most popular lower back tattoos and their significance:
- Butterfly: Not only are butterflies things of beauty , but they also represent the incredible and beautiful process of evolution. Having this tattoo on your lower back, not only looks appealing but it also means that you are looking for or ready for change.
- Heart: There is no doubt that the design of the heart has a lot of value; the heart being the seat of our softer emotions. Done in a tribal art form this can denote love and devotion.
- Flower: Flowers represent the beauty in nature. What is more there is immense choice as far as flower designs are concerned. The significance of flowers can be summed up as purity and hope. Who wouldn’t want that?
- Birds: Birds are colorful and represent the freedom of the skies. Plus another advantage is there are so many motifs and poses to choose from.
Here are some more examples of Sexy Lower Back Tattoos: