Getting a large, bold design across your chest is a brave choice that can look simply amazing when you’ve got your top off! While many chest pieces are done simply in black or grayscale, there’s no harm in adding some flashes of color either. These 45 intriguing chest tattoos show you just what s achievable.
There’s simply no better canvas for a piece of body art than a chiseled chest, especially now that summer is upon us and you’ll be baring your skin more often as the heat rises. Before you go with a commonplace design that most of your friends are already rocking, check out our list of the top twenty coolest and most unique chest tattoos. You’ll be sure to find some artwork that is provocative, interesting, alluring and down right awesome.
- If you thought your buddy’s black and white skeleton tattoo was cool, you haven’t seen anything yet! This chest tattoo is the perfect blend of old school and new school, with classic images like a skeleton and red rose inked in bold, cartoonish hue. The wings on this guys chest are wonderfully detailed. the negative space in the clouds give a natural looking depiction of light rays and the flame in the center make this chest piece really come together.
2. The script on the top of this guys chest piece is perfectly placed. The two heads on each side of his chest are slightly hidden but are put in just the right spot.
3. This is a really unique tattoo. most of the time when you see birds on a tattoo they are flying up, but in this case they are diving down. The solid black figures in the tattoo give it a serious and bold appearance.
Chest pieces are rad because they often complement other work you’ve had done. As you’ll notice, a lot of these pieces have sleeves, stomach art or back art done as well. Chest pieces are known to really tie the entire body’s worth of work all together to create a real masterpiece of inked art.
4. This is a classic American style chest and stomach tattoo. The bold lines and solid colors really represent traditional American tattooing. The eagle with its wings spread over the chest is a classic tattoo that lives as an icon for America and tattoo lovers of all kind. With American flags waving and woman’s face placed perfectly, it is obvious that this tattoo artist has been doing this for a long time.
5. We particularly liked this guy’s newly inked words as they correlate to the wings. Both pieces took time because of the extent of the detail.
6. Here’s a great example of a chest piece that is just part of the overall art on his body.
7. Simple, rockstar quality work.
8. The shading here is really well done.
9. Great use of imagery in this artwork. Clear, defined lines create a compelling piece.
10. The hornets are pulling the roses apart. He has set up this piece so that it looks complete if he decides to leave it as such or he can easily add on and it would look like it flowed great.
Not to sound stereotypical, but sports are a big part of the lives of most men. Whether you were a baseball star back in high school and college, or you just enjoy the roar of a ballpark, a traditional black and gray chest tattoo is the perfect way to pay homage to a sport that means a lot to you.
11. This is a unique piece with the glove seeming to come off his chest. Excellent detail in the glove.